Monday, May 23, 2011

Rock and Comic-Con


Theater marquee.

The past Saturday (5/21) was Rock and Comic-Con at the Uptown Theater in KCMO. This show was just a lot of fun. Lots of interesting vendors, dealers, and creators were on hand. The show was set up with 3 separate con floors and 3 separate concert stages. I love the set up for this show and believe it has a great future. I really hope it is successful and continues for years to come.


Some dork outside the theater.

The attendees had great energy and they seemed genuinely interested in our work and were not afraid to interact with us. I can's say that for most comic cons that I have attended.

I sold quite a few books and sketches and heard quite a bit of positive feedback from folks who attended the show. Much to my surprise, folks seemed to really respond to Skwishee, the zombie goldfish bit character from Death Fears the Bunny. But there was a lot of positive response for Bunny, Thunderdawg, and Gentleman Jak.


Skishee.

I am still feeling the buzz from attending a great con and I am riding a creative high. It is time to back down to work on the next book or two on the slate. I have 2 more cons on the schedule for this year and I would like to have a new book for each of those.

Also, I will doing an interview for Comic Book Late Night with Captain Logan from Geekvolution. I assume we will be talking about my comics, my background and my reading habits as well as some other odds and ends. It should be a lot of fun. I will post a link here when the show comes out.

That is all for now, but check back soon for some pics from the con and possibly a strip or two, some more preview stuff from DFTB and other news.

Thanks for looking,
Bill

No comments: